Hi, I’m Brian, an expert in the Hotels of Brisbane. I’ve stayed at over 50 hotels in Brisbane, and I’m here to share my thoughts on the Ibis Brisbane Airport Hotel.
The Ibis Brisbane Airport is a 3-star hotel located just a short walk from the domestic airport. It’s a great option for business travellers or leisure travellers who want to be close to the airport but also want to explore Brisbane.
The comfortable rooms at the Ibis Brisbane Airport are spacious and full of nice touches. They come with all the amenities you need for a relaxing stay, including a private bathroom, flat-screen TV, climate control air conditioning, free Wireless Internet, and a walk-in shower.
The beds are particularly comfortable, and the rooms are well-soundproofed, so you can get a good night’s sleep even if you’re close to the airport.
The rooms also have some cool design features, like sleek architectural lines and vibrant colours. For example, the walls are painted in a variety of bright colours, and the minimalistic furniture is made of trendy wood.
The Ibis Brisbane Airport is located in the perfect spot with stunning views of Moreton Bay & Brisbane. It’s just a short walk from the domestic terminal and a convenient airport transfer to the International terminal, so it’s easy to get to and from your flight. But it’s also close to all the major attractions in Brisbane, like the City Botanical Gardens, Fort Lytton National Park, and the Treasury Building – Casino.
If you’re looking for something to do in the evening, the Ibis budget Brisbane Airport is also within walking distance of the Brisbane Entertainment Centre, the Queen Street Mall, and the Cribb Island Beach Club. For example, the Brisbane Entertainment Centre is just a 10-minute taxi away, and the Queen Street Mall is just a 15-minute Uber away. You are also right next door to the Air Train station so getting into the very heart of Brisbane and the sites is very easy.
The Ibis Brisbane Airport has a number of function venues that are perfect for meetings, conferences, and events. The Brisbane Airport Conference Centre offers state-of-the-art facilities in a convenient and accessible location. The purpose-built space can accommodate up to 300 guests across its flexible floorplan with a pillar-less ballroom, conference rooms, and boardrooms as well as an onsite commercial kitchen and bar. The venues are all well-equipped and can accommodate groups of all sizes.
For example, the hotel’s largest function venue can accommodate up to 150 people. The venue is equipped with a projector, screen, and sound system, so you can easily present your PowerPoint slides or give a speech. The business centre is a great spot for meetings with visiting colleagues avoiding the need to travel into the Brisbane CBD.
The hotel also offers a number of catering options, so you can relax and enjoy your event without having to worry about the food. For example, the hotel can cater your event with a variety of dishes, including finger food, canapes, and sit-down meals.
The Ibis Brisbane Airport has an on-site restaurant that serves a buffet breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The food is good quality and reasonably priced.
For example, the breakfast buffet includes a variety of hot and cold dishes, such as bacon, eggs, sausages, pancakes, and fruit salad. The lunch and dinner menus offer a variety of dishes, such as pasta, wood-fired pizza, and steak.
The restaurant also has a nice outdoor terrace where you can enjoy your meal with a view of the airport. For example, if you’re dining in the evening, you can enjoy a romantic dinner with a view of the planes taking off and landing.
There are a number of great activities to enjoy near the Ibis Brisbane Airport. Here are a few of my favourites:
- Visit the City Botanical Gardens: These beautiful gardens are a great place to relax and escape the hustle and bustle of the city. For example, you can take a stroll through the gardens, visit the lake, or have a picnic lunch. It is also a great base to catch a City Cat from and cruise up and down the Brisbane River.
- Hike in Fort Lytton National Park: This park is just a short drive away and offers stunning views of Moreton Bay and the Brisbane River. For example, you can hike to the top of the hill for panoramic views of the city and the bay.
- Take a walk through the Treasury Building – Casino: This historic building is now a casino and entertainment complex. For example, you can take a tour of the building, play some blackjack, or watch a show.
- Browse the shops and restaurants on Queen Street Mall: This is the main shopping street in Brisbane. For example, you can do some shopping, have a meal at a restaurant, or see a movie.
- Catch a show at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre: This venue hosts a variety of concerts, shows, and sporting events. For example, you can see a concert by your favourite band, watch a play, or cheer on your favourite team.
How to Get There
The Ibis Brisbane Airport is easily accessible from both the airport and the city centre.
From the airport, you can take the free airport shuttle bus or walk to the hotel in about 10 minutes.
From the city centre, you can take the train or bus to the airport station, and then walk to the hotel in about 5 minutes.
The Ibis Brisbane Airport is a great hotel for business travellers or leisure travellers who want to be close to the airport but also want to explore Brisbane. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, the location is perfect, and there are a number of great activities to enjoy nearby.
I would definitely recommend the Ibis Brisbane Airport to anyone looking for a great hotel in Brisbane.
Here is some additional information about the Ibis Brisbane Hotel Airport:
- Price: Rooms start at AUD $150 per night.
- Pets: Pets are not allowed.
- Credit cards: The hotel accepts all major credit cards and American Express.
- Cancellation policy: Cancellations made 7 days before arrival are free of charge. Cancellations made within 7 days of arrival are subject to a fee.
- Accessibility: The hotel has wheelchair access and caters to special needs
- Other amenities: The hotel has a fitness centre, a business centre, and a car rental desk.
- Cancellation Request: may incur additional charges, check with the front desk to confirm.
I hope this article has been helpful! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.